Managing Eye Disease with an Optometrist
At Livermore Optometry Group, we are proud to serve the Bay Area with comprehensive eye care. Our optometrists are knowledgeable in the latest techniques and treatments for a variety of eye diseases. If you live in or around Livermore, CA, and have been diagnosed with an eye disease, we can help.
Types of Eye Diseases We Treat
At Livermore Optometry Group, we are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality of eye care San Francisco can get. We treat a variety of eye diseases, including:
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions that cause progressive damage to the optic nerve. The optic nerve is responsible for transmitting images from the eye to the brain. Glaucoma can lead to vision loss or even blindness if left untreated. Early detection and treatment are essential in preventing vision loss from glaucoma.
- Cataracts: A cataract is a clouding of the lens of the eye. Cataracts usually develop slowly and can eventually lead to vision loss or blindness. Cataracts are treated with surgery to remove the cloudy lens and replace it with a clear artificial lens.
- Macular Degeneration: Macular degeneration is a degenerative condition that affects the macula, which is the central part of the retina responsible for sharp vision. Macular degeneration can cause vision loss or blindness if left untreated. Early detection and treatment are essential in preventing vision loss from macular degeneration.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetic retinopathy is a complication of diabetes that affects the retina. It is caused by changes in blood sugar levels that damage small blood vessels in the retina. Diabetic retinopathy can lead to vision loss or blindness if left untreated. Early detection and treatment are essential in preventing vision loss from diabetic retinopathy.
Symptoms of Eye Disease?
Some common symptoms of eye disease include:
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty seeing at night
- Flashes and/or floaters in your vision
- Eye pain or pressure
- Reddened eyes
If you experience any of these symptoms, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with our optometrist as soon as possible. Early detection and treatment of eye disease is essential to preserving your vision.
How We Can Help
During your appointment, our optometrists will conduct a thorough examination of your eyes. This will include a visual acuity test, during which you will read from an eye chart. We will also check your pupil responses and peripheral vision.
In some cases, we may need to dilate your pupils in order to get a better look at the back of your eyes. Depending on the results of these tests, we will develop a treatment plan that is tailored specifically for you.
Eye Care San Francisco: Visit an Optometrist for Eye Care Today
Don't let eye disease take away your sight! Schedule an appointment with our optometrist today. We proudly serve patients from Livermore, CA, and the surrounding Bay Area communities.