Prescription Sunglasses in Livermore, CA
Prescription glasses provide vision correction for a variety of vision disorders. However, when the sun hits their eyes, it can be difficult for people with prescription eyeglasses to use regular sunglasses for everyday use. At Livermore Optometry Group, we specialize in helping our patients find the quality prescription sunglasses they need to correct their vision and protect their eyes from the rays of the sun.
Why Do You Need Prescription Sunglasses?
It can be tempting to simply use sunglasses that are available at your local drug store before heading out on the road. However, the only way these sunglasses will still correct your vision while protecting from the sun is if you put them over your regular eyeglasses. This can cause scratches on your regular eyeglasses and it simply isn't a good long-term solution. If you wear contact lenses, regular sunglasses can be worn, however, not everyone can wear contact lenses.
Getting a Pair of Prescription Sunglasses
It is important to only use sunglasses that are prescription strength if you need them for everyday use. Some types of prescription sunglasses that can fit your lifestyle include:
- Sportswear sunglasses that can provide protection from debris and wrap around your face for more stability during sports.
- Fashionable sunglasses that are beautiful and fit with your daily outfits.
- Prescription sunglasses that offer UV protection from harmful UV rays that can damage your eyes. They are especially useful if you work outside.
- Although polarized eyeglasses are not sunglasses, they are designed to let in only vertical rays of light that occur naturally while blocking horizontal rays such as those from car hoods, glare, and more.
The Eye Exam
To get a pair of prescription eyeglasses, our optometrist at Livermore Optometry Group will perform a thorough vision and eye exam to determine what type of prescription sunglasses you will need. Depending on your vision needs, you might be prescribed sunglasses that are:
- Bifocal to help you see both near and far away.
- Single vision to help treat refractive errors such as astigmatism, nearsightedness, and farsightedness.
- Progressive to help you see from different perspectives while only using one pair of glasses.
Contact Our Optometrist in Livermore, CA
At Livermore Optometry Group, we are dedicated to helping our patients find the right eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses for everyday use. If you live in or around Livermore and are considering prescription sunglasses, contact Livermore Optometry Group. Call our team today at (925) 447-3883 to schedule an appointment with one of our eye doctors.